Thursday 13 February 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW: ASOS Handshake Heeled Sandals

I'm a big fan of ASOS, I'm constantly on the website looking for bargains in the 'Sale' section and shopping for the latest trends in the 'New In' section. A few weeks ago I came across these rather hot versatile sandals in the sale section. I could see immediately that they'd work well with a lot of different looks and being a  lover of chunky gold heels I decided to purchase the 50% off bargain. I thought I'd wear them a couple of times before providing a review, and I must say I have nothing but good things to say about these pretty sandals.
The first thing I noticed about the sandals is probably the thing I like most - the gold heel. To be perfectly honest, without the gold heel the sandal looks like just any other black ankle strap sandal.. the heel is definitely it's selling point. There are a lot of ankle strap sandals available on the high street at the moment, but by including a gold heel (rather than black) not only has ASOS given their sandals more of a glam look, they make the sandals look much more expensive than they actually are.
The gold heel is chunky and measures a little over 9cm (roughly 4"). Due to the relatively low block heel the sandals are very comfortable, I have no complaints after wearing them for hours on end - though I'm yet to wear them for an entire day.
The main body of the sandal is made from black faux suede, which I think is a great contrast against the shiny gold heel - soft and dark with bold metallic = amazing. However, as the sandal is suede more care needs to be taken than would be required with other materials, like leather. I'd strongly advise against wearing in harsh weather conditions (I doubt anyone would wear sandals when it is raining or snowing - but for the minority who may, don't!!) and avoid long periods of exposure to light/direct sunlight, as this may cause the colour to fade. 
The front of the sandal has a medium size peep toe, which typically shows 2 toes. I myself prefer this amount of exposure as oppose to just one toe or all toes. The front of the sandal is standard width, so is perfect for ladies with slim to medium width feet. If you have wide feet you may find these sandals a little snug, but it's definitely worth buying and trying them on, as you might be lucky - they could fit perfectly (remember unlike a few other websites ASOS have a free returns policy!). To keep them clean wipe gently with a damp cloth, you may also want to invest in some protective spray.
As they are so versatile and the heel is a good height, these sandals can be worn on all different types of occasion - from day to night. For a casual look I like wearing them with stonewash ripped boyfriend jeans, white t-shirt and black blazer. For a dressed up look I like wearing them with a little black dress and a gold clutch.
Check out the shoes on the ASOS website, hurry whilst stocks last... you won't regret it! 
PROS
Comfortable
Versatile
Inexpensive 
On Trend
Timeless

CONS
Not advisable for those with wide feet
Requires TLC to maintain appearance




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig