Sunday 22 June 2014

Bold Floral: The Top, Skirt and Skort


I absolutely love floral, regardless of whether it's a subtle or bold print - I don't discriminate. Though I must admit I definitely love bight striking colours, so when I spotted a fitted top incorporating all these things I knew I had to get it. I'd seen quite a few things on the high street and online but nothing as striking as this top. Where was I... Primark, yes you better believe it!!!

Walking around the store with the lovely £12 top I spotted a midi full skirt and also a skort (cross between a skirt and shorts) in the same striking print. For those who know me personally, I get easily excited when shopping... and this definitely got me smiling. At a mere £12 each I picked up all three (and a yellow midi tube skirt) and headed to the till. 


 On the weekend I finally took some outfit photos of all three pieces... they'll be up within the next few days, promise. I was impressed with the way the print worked with so many different hues; I teamed it with black, cobalt blue and yellow. I also decided to paint my nails metallic deep purple, which looked great with the predominantly blue and purple print.

Instead of just show you each outfit, I thought it best that I tell you a bit out each item before showing you how I teamed them up with other things to make bold summer ensembles; for formal and casual events. 


The top is a fitted t-shirt style, that nips in nicely at the waist. It has a round neckline, short sleeves and sits just below the waist. Great for petite ladies, I'd advise busty ladies try it on before they buy as your normal size may feel a little tight on the chest, despite to top containing Elastane. I teamed my top with a cobalt skirt and black ankle strap sandals - for a Summer office look. The top also looks great with black skinny jeans and bold wedge sandals.


The skirt is a midi length high waisted full skirt. I have quite a small waist and usually go for a size 8 in full skirts, especially if I want to wear them high waisted, but with this skirt the size 10 fit perfectly. I recently wore the skirt to a family BBQ with a black boob-tube top, black floppy hat and chunky black wedged sandals. For a more laid back look, the skirt also looks great with a t-shirt/vest and flat sandals. 


Lastly, the skort. Shorts to the rear and a wrap skirt at the front. It sits quite high on the waist, if you get your normal size. I wanted it to sit low so went a size up, this is also advisable if you have quite full thighs like me. I teamed up my skort with a black bralet on a unusually hot day in London, covering up with a short yellow blazer later in the day.

Barry M nail polish

Visit your local Primark store to get your hands on any of these items, I doubt they'll be on the rails for long!!!

So there you go a little intro into the 3 post coming up in the next week, keep an eye out and leave a comment to let me know your thoughts. As usual I'll be posting my looks on the Today I'm Wearing website, so don't forget to vote for me. Ta. x





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig